A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

2013






Greetings all you wonderful scribes! What a year this has been! So many amazing works of art produced and so many happy people.  You guys are pretty amazing!

I wanted to thank each of you who have contributed to the glory of the kingdom personally. Without your extraordinary talents and hard work this kingdom would be a lesser place. For those of you who have given me a street mailing address I have tried to send out a small thank you card / gift. I am still working through my list so if you have not yet received a card / small gift from me can you let me know?

If you have not given me a snail mail address and have done work for the kingdom this year and would like to receive mail from the signet then please feel free to email me your snail mail address ( coupled with your SCA name) and I will do my best to make sure you know just how thankful I am, as Signet and fellow scribe, to be able call upon your talents. You all make my job so easy and for that I am truly grateful.

We have a busy last half of the SCA year coming up as our incoming King and Queen have a pretty full RP and we also have the 20 years celebration to look forward to. It's going to be the year of the scribe really so let's make it a good one. Encourage each other, share ideas, be brave and try new things!

There are two listed scriptoriums this year so far, one in Sweden and one in the UK ( pls see the  kingdom-event-calendar for details) as well as endless opportunities to do work for the Kingdom, the two principalities and the baronies.

One of the things I would like, as Kingdom Signet, to see is a much greater pooling of resources among all of the scribes, so that we all get to know each other better and can serve all aspects of the kingdom. Greater communication and more active scribes serving ALL regions of the kingdom will mean less burn out and a wider variety of artwork  as well as a larger knowledge base.

One of the goals this year is to enlarge the central data base of scribes via the dragon scribes wiki and help bring the Drachenwald scribal community even closer together. dragon scribes wiki

If you are a scribe who wishes to work make sure you have joined the kingdom mailing list groups.yahoo.com/group/dragon_scribes/ This is THE official kingdom mailing list for the scribes and it is here that most of the assignments will be first listed. If you want to work then please let the signets know.

If you are new to the world of scribes and want to join in do not hesitate to contact any of the signet clerks listed on the sidebar, find your local scribes and ask for advice, help and join in the fun.

In the last six months almost 100 scrolls were created and this is pretty amazing! You are all amazing and you should be incredibly proud of the work you do. I know that I am proud to work with you and for you all.

So here's to 2013 and the beautiful things we will create.

very best wishes,

Bridget, signet clerk








No comments: