A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Attempt for gilding



After a long break, I made one AoA -scroll. This one I made for Elena af Humalasalo. I decided to try gilding finally and I had some problems, as you can see. I tried new kind of style for calligraphy and eventually I had problems to keep the text neat. Plus I made too many mistakes and I tried to cover them with gilding too xD At least I learnt what to do next time. The decoration is from mid 16th century embroiderybook and I decided to use it as Elena is excellent embroiderer.This scroll was delivered at last Kingdom University (@Aarnimetsä)

I'd like to also ask little help. I am planning to make few smaller blank scrolls and I need to figure out few really short versions of AoA/any other text. Something what would be only like 4-6 lines of text but still polite/ appropriate. I am really bad for doing it by myself, as I start to stress about the text and right phrasing

2 comments:

Sara / Aryanhwy said...

This one was so pretty and flashy to give out!

For short scroll texts, Latin is often an elegant choice. I have a few AoA Latin texts suitable for blanks at http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/candi/latinforscribes.html

Ekorren said...

Love the gildning vines.