A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Most Elaborate Apology Ever

So, due to mundane holidays shenanigans, I failed to do an assignment over the Christmas period, which meant that one person did not receive a scroll in court at Twelfth Night.  Horrified, I embarked upon an ambitious project to recompense her, which started with writing a sestina, and culminated in this landscape-oriented Borso d'Este spread:
It's extensively documented in my FB 30-day challenge album, which I've set to "public" so that all can view it.  I photographed it stage by major stage, including the base colours one which I hate because it looks so dreadful.  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151385699334883.504066.528334882&type=1&l=0a22d12684

I am particularly pleased with the light reflections on the ribbons.

1 comment:

Merlyn said...

this is a really lovely piece of work! Well done.

Bri