A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Some penwork blanks
I've done 4 as part of the 30-day challenge. The two I like best are below:
The D is actually square to the page; it was just pulling at the tape as I photographed it. The M in the original really was that tall and thin. I liked the elegance. After blotting one of the 4, I used paint in the centre for these two, then ink for the outside bits, which don't come as close to each other. With the D, the only thing I'm disappointed with is that I didn't get the triangles on the right side quite to line up. I should probably have made them like a sideways W, but I didn't think of it in time.
Right. On with the 30-day challenge. We'll see if I can conquer a small version of Gothic....I doubt it.